NDS Chief Executive on Ability Links NSW Taskforce
31 July 2012
The Minister for Disability Services The Hon. Andrew Constance MP is establishing a seven-member taskforce to provide advice on the establishment of an independent entity to deliver Ability Links NSW.
The new entity will be designed to operate at arm's length from both ADHC and the specialist disability services system.
To be chaired by the ADHC incoming Chief Executive, Jim Longley, the taskforce will include six other members with expertise in disability services, disability advocacy, government, academic, and business sectors, including NDS Chief Executive Ken Baker.
The full list of Taskforce members is:
- Jim Longley (Chair), Ageing Disability and Home Care
- Cain Beckett, Disability Council NSW
- John Walsh, Pricewaterhouse Coopers
- Patricia Forsythe, Sydney Business Chamber
- Peter Shergold, University of Western Sydney
- Kerry Doyle, NSW Department Trade and Investment
- Ken Baker, National Disability Services
The taskforce is required to report on the outcome of its deliberations by 30 September 2012.
ADHC has said that the NSW Government remains committed to Ability Links NSW being fully established by 1 July 2014 when individualised funding arrangements will become available to people with disability.
Scott Holz, State Manager, NDS New South Wales, Ph 02 9256 3118, email@example.com
© This publication is copyright. (Word 78KB)